12.7.12

Where is the edge?



In contrast to the previous look I did for Dressabelle, this is probably the polar opposite. If was as if the little flowers had minds of their own and rebelled against the norm. I am a firm believer that fashion can be interpreted differently and accessorized to suit one's style.

Mod Floral Dress - Dressabelle | Leather jacket - streets of Taiwan | Jeffrey Campbell Clinic inspired wedges - Taobao





The best part about this outfit is...the BUDGET FACTOR. I'll show you a breakdown:

Dress - $26
Leather jacket - $12 (not kidding.)
Wedges - $30
Subtotal = $68

I have to admit, a leather jacket for $12 is unbelievable but if you keep your eyes open I'm sure luck's with you. With all the online boutiques, flea markets and thrifts stores in Singapore, budget fashion is possible. Even if you don't own a jacket, you could still edge up a floral dress with statement shoes, blazers and hats. The overall look should scream "you"!


Smokey eyes with washed out nude lips. Lipstick is Peachstock by MAC.

A makeup tutorial for this look will be up on my blog some time in the next two weeks. Be very excited! I am more than happy to take requests so go ahead and tell me what you want :)


Photos by JJ

On a side note:
Visted Dialogue In The Dark (DID) today and I had such an amazing experience there. For those who don't know, DID is a permanent exhibition that aims to increase awareness and educate people about blindness. At first I was scared to walk into the pitch dark simulation rooms, but soon I learnt how to make my way around using a cane, just like how a blind would. The guide himself is visually impaired. I learnt to cross a bridge, read and stir my coffee and more without sight. Despite the temporary loss of sight, the rest of my senses were heightened. My imagination ran wild. It was such an insightful and meaningful experience, as I now appreciate my eyes so much more than before. At the same time, it made me realize how my other senses are just as important to a human being for survival. I recommend all of you to visit the exhibition!

For more info, you could check out their website.