13.8.12

Lazy afternoon at Tiong Bahru Estate

Crimson Carnations top - Sugarlips | Maxi skirt - City Plaza | Creepers (in the style of Underground) - Taobao


Daiso sun hat, $2 | Casio watch

Loving the frills and unique design on the back of my top!



In case you're curious, I'm wearing MAC lipstick in Creme D' Nude! It's a sheer nude lipstick with pink undertones. It's not my favourite nude lipstick because I prefer a thicker consistency. But this one is good for days when you want a nude lip with minimal makeup, this shade doesn't wash my complexion out.




Bumped into one of the many neighborhood cats around the area!



Interior of Books Actually.
A seashell I thrifted for $10, which I will use for decoration and to hold my ring
At Tiong Bahru Bakery

The old Tiong Bahru estate has officially become the favourite hangout spot for my boyfriend and I. The area looks rundown from its appearance, but there are tons to discover for sure. Mostly hidden would be cafes, lifestyle/ fashion stores and surprisingly, a book store. The biggest surprise was the little thrift area within Books Actually - where you will find numerous vintage collectibles and toys. Expect the unexpected. I am especially delighted with the pastries and coffee served in Tiong Bahru Bakery. If it wasn't for the crowd, I could spend my entire afternoon there. Nana & Bird is really a hidden gem; the tiny store carry the most eccentric fashion pieces designed by local and foreign designers. And if you're in the mood for glam jewelry and vintage, try Flea & Trees, a thoughtfully decorated store with rustic interior. I love how their things are displayed candidly, making my shopping experience so much more relaxing. Oh and did I mention their Instagram account is pretty cool? The owner frequently updates their feed with inspirational collages and Louboutins...


Photos by Nigel.