10.6.13

Slow Me Down

Thigh split maxi dress - H&M $19.90

I'm feeling pretty badass recently. My friend Vanessa asked me, "How would you describe your style?" I scratched my chin and answered, "As of today: I am rocking the I-just-crawled-out-of-a-garbage-truck look." That was the best I could describe with my limited vocabulary bank. Please excuse my unprofessionalism. 


Circle shades - Shanghai | Cross earrings - New Look


My friends and I went thrifting at New2U Thrift Store (read blog post) last week. When thrifting, always wear loose clothes because it's so much easier when you try on stuff in the fitting room. I scored a brand new Vera Moda blouse for $4 and a pair of high waisted carrot leg jeans for $2. I found Science Centre tickets in the jean's back pocket that was dated 2005! Considering how long those jeans existed, its quality was as good as new. My mom said the carrot jeans were very popular in the 80's and often came as a suit set. I personally think vintage jeans are very grungy and comfortable, looks great cuffed up. I plan to wear them with a belt since they're slightly loose.


Arrested! Necklace - c/o O'ORO

"But mama I'm in love with a criminal, and this type of love isn't rational, it's physical." Haha didn't realize the hand cuffs looked so 'wrong' until I received it, but I love it nonetheless. I personally love wearing silver accessories with all-black outfits because they stand out more. These miniature hand cuffs add a playful touch to any outfit, cause sometimes studs and skulls are just too much for daytime. I think they'll look really nice with a denim jacket and creepers too..very Harajuku!

Pascal boots - Dr Martens


MAC Matte Lipstick in Chili


Torte Café (pet friendly)
SCWO Building, 96 Waterloo Street S(187967)
+65 6571 0197

Grilled chicken thigh + baby potatoes + house salad ($10)

Anyway guys, I highly recommend this cafe to you! It's a small cafe located within the same building as New2U thrift store, which makes it perfect when you want to take a break between digging through racks of old clothes. Okay that's not the main point. The food was SO GOOD and most main courses are only $10. I tried their Baba fish - fish fillet with french fries and salad. Though fried, I never once felt it was too greasy or salty. Plus there's no service charge and GST. All seats are outdoors and you can bring your pets. However I wouldn't recommend the coffee...it felt average and slightly overpriced. But trust me, their main courses will impress you.

Photos by Joanne