12.7.13

Gold Rush


Not sure if you have noticed that I have been really into wearing halters and turtle necks lately. If you too are a skinny girl like me, you would know that plunging necklines never seem to flatter anyway. Some people would poke fun of my collar bones about how they can collect a reservoir of rain water. but I can't care less to be honest with you! Getting my head into a tiny turtle neck can really be a pain some times but luckily more are made with back zippers nowadays. I feel like turtle necks really show off the collar bones, and makes me look like I have better posture. Since I suffer from scoliosis (fun fact), I am always searching for clothes that can 'straighten' me up. :-( Collars really help if you have a hunched back!

Metal plate belt - Esprit (similar here)

High Neck Scallop Panel Dress - c/o Dressabelle (also in white)

Here is how the dress looks like on its own. I have naturally narrow shoulders so necklines like this make my shoulders more pronounced. My mother always tell me necks and hands reveal the first signs of aging, so a lot of older women actually wear scarves to hide problem areas. Personally, another reason why I love turtle necks is the fact that they bring all the attention to your face! Turtle necks can be very sexy too! Think secret agents e.g. Tomb Raider 




Camila Oriental Clutch - c/o KLARRA

My outfit was kinda inspired by this intricately designed clutch. That explains the black and gold colour palette. This flat clutch fits a fair amount of stuff surprisingly and my favourite detail is the tassel! You guys know me. But of course, the highlight of this clutch is its gorgeous laser cut leather layered on top of a metallic gold base. Even my mother approves! I think the complexity of its design adds oomph to any plain outfit. It's also appropriate for dinners and musicals. My heart almost died when I realized it doesn't fit my laptop...what a pity because it'll make a perfect laptop case!

Mesh drape vest - m)Phosis


Reptile T-strap pumps - Charles & Keith




At this point, I'm sure you have noticed I wore my dress in three different ways. I am not a minimal person so wearing it alone is too plain for my taste. For a structured look, I shortened my vest (by tying a knot at its ends then hanging around my neck) then reshaped my waist with a belt. Since the vest part is fluffy, a peplum effect was achieved. The last look is simply wearing the vest over and allowing the drapes to flow freely. As a result it creates a straighter silhouette for days when I just don't want to feel constricted with a belt. Do not underestimate the power of a Little Black Dress!

Friesian Wrist Wrap - c/o O'ORO

Photos by Yun Jing & Gwen

Alright, ending off with a fun shot and big smiles from all of us! I wish you an awesome weekend ahead!