5.7.13

PJs 2.0

Minimal sandal heels - Taobao (similar here)

You have no idea how often I wish to just head out the door in my pajamas. Well, nobody really does that in real life, unless I had a huge backyard where I can nap in a hammock. Taking cues from comfort factors of my pajamas, I created a look that is casual and polished at the same time. 

And a fun fact: I have worn an actual pajamas bottom out to Orchard Road before. Yay or Nay - you decide.


Polkdots and Buttons Blouse - c/o Dressabelle | Metal plate belt - Esprit (similar here)

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of pajamas is either stripes or polka dots. That's the classic two-piece PJs, usually with a collar and is made of cotton/ satin. I picked out a thin chiffon blouse to base my outfit on. This is a much more subtle choice for those who don't fancy the actual PJ top with collars and pockets. I prefer loose to tight blouses because it's more airy and comfortable. The button-down panel detail also makes it less formal.


Palazzo pants - c/o Dressabelle (old)

Palazzo pants are the best things to own if you love skirts but hate your movements restricted. They're like the sister of skorts. Plus, they are super flattering on all body shapes. I could have gone with silk track pants today but I thought a palazzo made so much more of a statement. You can be casual and still bold!

Check out my How To Wear Palazzo Pants post to learn about the best palazzo pairings.




Round sunglasses - Shanghai





The footwear choices for this outfit is limitless. On a lazy day to meet my friends, a simple flip flop will do. If you're shopping or walking a lot for the day, a pair of fancy sandals or pointed flats are classy choices. But since I wanted to look more glamorous for this shoot, I settled for these basic sandal heels that are really popular in the blogosphere right now. It's hard to not fall in love with its simplicity!



Tassel earrings - H&M | Rimmel Kate Matte lipstick in 107


Photos by Yun Jing