9.8.13

Hold Your Horses


Cropped knit sweater - ZARA


Sateen Pony Prints Peplum dress - c/o Dressabelle


Feather earrings - Bugis Street | Vintage Cadali watch - c/o Late Rabbit


Box sling bag - borrowed from Yun Jing





Fringe mocassin boots - Taobao

You might remember the same backdrop from the previous post named 'The Free Spirit', and yes we decided to come back again to shoot. While many parts of the world is experiencing heat wave at this period of time, I think Singapore (where it's crazy hot normally) is blessed to enjoy a surprisingly breezy summer. And because of that, I can't help but to drift into the mood of dressing for fall. Overall, I just prefer fall fashion so much more than the cheery summer pastels. 

I absolutely love the horses on my dress. When printed on a three-dimensional, almost origami style skirt, it becomes such a statement piece. Don't you just associate moving horses with fringe and flowy things? I kept to an overall warm colour palette and since the dress's satin material looks quite formal on its own, the loose knit top really tones all that seriousness down. When I see a nice dress, I don't worry too much if I'd ever find an appropriate occasion for it because I know that anything can be adapted if you find the right pairings.


Photos by Yun Jing