8.8.14

1-Way Street


Turtle neck crop top - ASOS
Striped track trousers - c/o Dressabelle
Blazer - Kate Love
Studded sandal heels - Shanghai
Lipstick - Lime Crime's Velvetines in Suede Berry

If I counted all the times I've run for my train during peak hours, I would be an athlete of my own standards. I am someone who is definitely guilty of couch potato tendencies. Truth to be told, I never make it a point to exercise intentionally, something I'm not exactly proud of. Even more when sporty apparels are all the rave at the moment with fitness lifestyles documented and broadcasted everywhere on social media. There is no denial that active wear is designed in a way to streamline the body because who would actually choose to hide all those hours of crunches and cardio at the gym right? So I thought why not experiment with active wear influenced track pants and turn it into work appropriate staple? If I'm not sporty, at least I can look sporty. What I love most about track pants is the stark line on the side which extends legs to infinity and beyond. Besides being flattering, I think they show off a runner's movements beautifully from afar against the track field. Keeping my bottom half the main bulk of my proportions today, I deliberately chose to shorten my body even more with a turtle neck in cropped style. Add some heels if you're in the mood, or sneakers if you prefer. Either way, with some 'track pants' trousers on, I'm ready to *run*  the clock from nine to six.

Photos by Corinne.