19.9.14

9 - 5 Utilitarian


Trench parka - c/o Dressabelle
Ribbed crop top - ZARA
Maxi skirt - Bangkok
Embellished stilettos - borrowed
Lip colour: Stila liquid lipstick in Patina

Ta-dah! So after several weeks of ultra polished corporate wear absent from colours of the universe, I'm back with an outfit which IMO is more in my element. Pardon me as I go through a phase of blazers, pencil skirts, anything that screams 'I-mean-business'...you get the drift. But hey, as I witness the happenings from fashion weeks of London, New York (I mean, is it even possible to scroll through your Instagram feed without seeing people on that front row?),  I cannot help noticing the return of military wear. Not talking about camouflage ones, but as in double breasted coats, trench coats, safari bags etc. My heart is soaring, it's about time we leave those florals behind. Uniform is huge this coming season, a style with so much poise and conviction. I cannot wait to update my collection of boots and outerwar, conveniently blaming it on how ridiculously cold it is in school. I'm officially dressing for fall season with my olive green trench/ parka hybrid. In contrast to a typical trench, this one is soft to touch and slouches effortlessly. I kept my colour scheme conservative but amped up my skirt with a knot just so my laid back style is differentiated from shabbiness. Yup, that's a trick I do for any oversized maxi dress or skirt. Try it out! You might love it.

Photos by Rumin.